This dessert-like Birthday Cake Protein Shake is secretly good for you! It happens to be dairy-free and paleo too!
Coldstone Creamery introduced me to CAKE BATTER ICE CREAM, and my life was forever changed! Pre-cake batter ice cream I’d opt for mint chocolate chip or chocolate chocolate chip, but the cake batter flavor has officially made me leave the world of chocolate ice cream behind, and never look back!
Knowing it wouldn’t be a great idea to indulge in cake batter ice cream on a daily basis, I have tried to create the flavor in a variety of healthy ways. I am so happy to say that this thick Birthday Cake Protein Shake is a pretty excellent healthy reproduction of the flavor and festiveness of the original! With two scoops of vanilla whey protein (from grass-fed cattle preferably) this shake has over 20 grams of protein, leaving you full, energized, and satisfied! After you suck this shake down, you may be leaving your chocolate shakes behind as well 🙂
**The Birthday Cake Protein Shake has been featured on the Huffington Post! You can see the article HERE!
And if you like this shake you will also love this Cotton Candy Blizzard!!:
Birthday Cake Protein Shake
- 1 cup of frozen organic banana chopped into small pieces prior to freezing
- ¼-½ cup vanilla almond milk adjust amount depending on desired thickness
- 2 scoops of vanilla whey protein or vegan or paleo protein of choice no sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 few drops of almond extract
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles optional- but always fun
- Mix all the ingredients in a high speed blender, or food processor, adding more almond milk as neccessary.