This garlicky Caprese Pizza is loaded with fresh Italian flavors that will keep you coming back for more! This sweet, savory, and salty flavor combo is surely to make your pizza night extra special. In addition, this healthy crispy thin crust is VEGGIE-based (and it’s NOT cauliflower!!!)
My weaknesses are in this order:
- Ice Cream
- French Fries
- Chocolate (can vie for the #1 spot at times!)
- Cookies (with chocolate of course!)If I could eat a diet entirely consisting of these foods I would and I would love every minute of it! BUT I know I wouldn’t love the aftermath, haha. I’m not one to miss out on life’s pleasures and indulgences which is why I set out to make “secretly” healthy (aka you’l- never-know-it’s-actually-good-for-you) versions of all my favorite junk foods. Heck, it’s why this blog was born!
In fact, Cricket loves her junk food too, just like me. Her list goes a little something like this, and it’s quite different than mine:
- In and Out Cheeseburger, no bun
And she would eat burgers for every single meal of her entire life and never get sick of them, really!
She’s not much of a pizza girl, but that’s OK with me because I don’t have to share!
So, back to THIS pizza….. I am in love with my gluten-free NY Style Pizza Crust, which is made from yucca. Have you tried it yet!!??
(FYI: If you can’t find yucca in your produce section, I just discovered my local Aldi carries it already peeled and cut in a bag in the freezer section! That means less work, and yucca at a great low price. Now that’s a win-win! But if you can’t locate yucca you can try this pizza rust recipe as an alternative: Against All Grain Pizza Crust.)
No mushy cauliflower crust here! This crust is thin, crispy, buttery and just so very yummy.
And to make this pizza extra special and amazingly delish, we are topping it off with loads of roasted garlic gloves, sweet cherry tomatoes, fragrant fresh basil, and then giving it a nice drizzle of balsamic glaze and extra virgin olive oil. It’s simply the best. pizza. EVER!
- 1 large thin pizza crust or see other crust recipes above recipe HERE
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese omit if paleo or use goat/sheep's milk cheese if you can tolerate it
- ½ roasted garlic
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- ¼ cup basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap a bulb of garlic in aluminum foil and place in the oven at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes, then remove and let cool.
- Prepare your pizza crust according to recipe (or use store bought crust).
- Place pizza crust on cookie sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread marinara sauce evenly on the crust and then sprinkle on the cheese!
- Place the pizza in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 8-10 minutes, or until cheese of hot and bubbly.
- Once cool enough to handle, peel your roasted garlic cloves from the bulb.
- Top the hot pizza with quarter cherry tomatoes, chopped basil, and roasted garlic cloves.
- Drizzle with EVOO and balsamic glaze/reduction.
- Cut, serve, enjoy!!