This Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl Salad is so full of fresh flavor it will be your new go-to healthy and hearty meal! Use left over chicken breast, or rotisserie chicken, and this healthy and hearty meal can be made in under 10 minutes flat!
So over the last few weeks something miraculous has happened….. Cricket decided she is no longer a picky eater and now she eats everything and anything… Really! It’s so strange and I can’t figure out what happened. She just decided she likes food after 11 years. Go figure?!
Now this was the dog that only ate fresh grilled chicken and steak, and would turn her nose up to pretty much anything else. Every time we went through a drive through and Cricket would get a Milkbone from an eager drive-through window worker, she would turn up her nose is disdain, and I would have try to make up some excuse of why my dog is acting like such a snob.
But then, she woke up one day (not so long ago) and everything seemed to change. Maybe it’s all the cooking I do? Maybe she is just getting senile in her old age? But whatever had happened she is now a food hound for sure. In fact, I just fed her a RAW CARROT the other day and she scarfed it down like it was a tender piece of filet mignon. Yes way!
You know, I can relate to her insatiable hunger. You know, I feel that way a lot of the time too! I try to eat healthy, but sometimes I’m left feeling hungry, actually hangry, which is far worse for whoever is around. haha.
That is where this lovely Chipotle Chicken Burrito Salad Bowl comes in! This super tasty and nutritious salad is packed with flavor and fresh zesty ingredients, and the best part of all is it really fills you up! It has chicken and beans (omit if paleo) for protein, and lots and lots of veggies that provide fiber and nutrients. It makes a great lunch and its easy to whip up especially if you have left over chicken in the fridge!
Cricket loves this salad too. I gave her her own, and she scarfed the whole thing down including the lettuce! I guess she isn’t the best food critic anymore since she has become such an indiscrimitory eater, but I promise this Chipotle Chicken Burrito Salad Bowl is awesome!
Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl Salad
- 1 cup mixed mesclun lettuce or lettuce of choice
- 1/4 cup cauliflower rice comes already riced in a bag at Trader Joes! or sub regular rice if you eat it
- 1/4 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese pasture-raised preferably, or omit for paleo
- 1/4 cup black beans omit for paleo, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup rotisserie or grilled chicken chopped or shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream paleo use cashew cream, see below
- 1/2 avocado
- 3 tablespoons sour cream or cashew cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- optional: 1 tablespoons cilantro chopped for ganish
- In a bowl combine the chopped/shredded chicken, chipotle powder, and 3 tablespoons of sour cream (or cashew cream), mix well.
- In another bowl combine the avocado, sour cream (or cashew cream), and lime juice, and blend vigorously by hand with a fork or use a hand blender. (add a pinch of salt)
- Layer the salad by placing the lettuce in a salad bowl and top with the other ingredients (rice, tomatoes, red onion, cheese, beans).
- Next top with the chipotle chicken mixture.
- Next add a bit of extra sour cream (or cashew cream) and avocado crema to top it all off, You can also drizzle a bit of olive oil on top to and sprinkle with cilantro. Enjoy!