This creamy, smooth, and sweet cinnamon fig shake is so delicious! You’ll never know it’s actually good for you, and it’s vegan and gluten free!
Figs, figs, figs! They seem to be everywhere this year! When did they become so popular? I mean I always knew Fig Newton’s existed, but now-a-days fresh figs are so abundant! Trader Joe’s even sells them in a bag-frozen. I decided to jump on the fig bandwagon, and I am glad I did!
Figs have a wonderful subtle sweet flavor, with a soft flesh and crunchy seeds that you can eat. They are nutritious and good for you too! They are super source of potassium, have a great deal of fiber, and contain antioxidants. You can bake with them and utilize their sweet side, or use them to balance out a earthy salad, or even put them on top of an artisan wood fired pizza- yum!
This shake is awesome! It’s a great way to get some figs into your diet, and change up your shake/smoothie routine with something a bit out of the box. The combination of cinnamon combined with vanilla and fig reminds me of a really tasty oatmeal cookie.
This creamy, smooth, and sweet cinnamon fig shake is so delicious! You'll never know it's actually good for you, and it's vegan and gluten free!
- 1 cup of almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 4-5 frozen figs (buy fresh and freeze)
- a few ice cubes (4-5)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- A few drops of stevia or maple syrup to sweeten further if you desire
- Optional- one scoop of vanilla or unflavored protein powder of choice
- Combine all ingredient in a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth.
- If adding protein powder, you may want to increase the amount of milk so the shake doesn’t become too thick.