Cricket’s Salmon and Sardine Chow is an easy, no cooking required, and super healthy meal you can make for your pup! Salmon and sardines are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids to help reduce inflammation and promote healthy joints, skin and coat! This meal takes a few short minutes to make for your pup and you can customize it using your doggie’s favorite veggies!
As you may already know (if you frequently read my blog) Cricket is a PICKY eater to say the least. She doesn’t like kibble unless it’s dripping with bacon fat and sliced chicken. In addition, since her accident when she was just a puppy, I have chose to cook my own food for her as a way to promote better health. I have stayed away from grains in her diet, and provide her with a great variety of natural meats, and fresh veggies and some fruit (like blueberries), and she loves to chow down marrow bones.
As you can see, she absolutely LOVES this salmon and sardine dish! I use Wild Selections canned salmon and sardines as a quick and easy base for this fancy dish. The salmon and sardines provide tons of healthy protein and omega-3’s. I also mix in a variety of veggies including kale, green bean, carrots, and sweet potatoes for lots of vitamin and minerals. You can use any veggies you’d like, just make sure they are dog-friendly (fyi dogs shouldn’t eat garlic and onions).
Cricket’s Salmon & Sardine Chow
- 1 can salmon drained
- 1 can sardines chopped
- 2 tablespoons green beans raw or lightly cooked, diced
- 2 tablespoons kale lightly steamed, chopped into very small pieces
- 2 tablespoons cooked sweet potato diced
- 2 tablespoons carrots finely chopped
- Optional Add-in's: chia seeds flax, extra virgin olive oil, or coconut oil
- Pick your veggies and cook them if you'd like. (Sweet potato is best cooked, but others you can serve raw. I prefer to lightly cook all the veggies to make the nutrients more bioavailable.)
- Mix the canned salmon, with the chopped sardine and veggies.
- Serve to your pup!