These creamy, rich, and chocolatey Coconut Cream Cups are the ultimate decandent (and secretly healthy!!) treat. Pop one of these into your mouth and the rich chocolate melts away to reveal silky, smooth, snowy, and sweet coconut cream. They are easy-peasy to make, and be sure to make extra, for they won’t last long!
Oh, chocolate. My true love.
Ode to chocolate:
Creamy, smooth and sweet.
Your rich flavor makes my heart skip a beat.
Sends tingles down from my head to my feet.
You make it so hard not to eat!
I mean, what is it about chocolate that makes it SO GOOD, and SO ADDICTIVE!? Really!? It really should come with a warning label that reads something like this: “If you are eating this for the first time, be warned, that you may never be the same again and find yourself craving chocolate for the rest of your life.” lol.
Cricket and I love to make healthy treats, so we can indulge in the good stuff, without all the guilt. Although Cricket can’t eat chocolate, because she is a dog, I always make her some thing special when I’m making a treat for myself. So today I made her some bacon jerky while I made these easy chocolate coconut cups all for myself! Oooh- maybe I should have made chocolate covered bacon cups?? Maybe next time….
So many flavors go great with chocolate. The best ones I can think of are peanut butter, almond butter (see my Chocolate Almond Butter Cups), and coconut! I always loved Mounds candy bars when I was a little girl, and now I can recreate that amazing flavor combination without having to leave my kitchen. Even better, the ingredients used to make THESE Coconut Cream Cups are healthy, all-natural, and good for you! Hip-hip Hoorah!
Chocolate Coconut Cream Cups
- Melt the chocolate chips plus 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Grease the mini muffin tin with a little bit of coconut oil.
- Pour a teaspoon of melted chocolate into each compartment. Chill in the fridge or freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt the coconut butter, maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Once melted mix in the shredded coconut, and remove from heat.
- Spoon a heaping teaspoon of coconut cream mixture into each compartment (on top of the chilled chocolate layer).
- Spoon the remaining chocolate on top of the coconut cream layer and chill in the fridge until set, about 1/2 hour in the fridge or 10-15 minutes in the freezer.
- Carefully pop the cups out of the tray using a fork or butter knife.