Frozen Fruit Ice is the perfect way to make a healthy and fruity soda, and it’s so easy! This ice is made from 100% pure fruit and it looks as good as it tastes.I LOVE sweet things. I’ve always been that kind of girl who would skip dinner and go straight for the dessert. As a girl loved soda and fresh fruit juices, but as I got older and more concerned about my calorie intake I traded in soda and fruit juice for diet soda and sugar free fruit juice.
Before I knew it I was literally addicted to diet drinks. I couldn’t just drink water, it tasted much too plain and blah! I adored the carbonated sugar-free fruit fizzy drinks, and if I ran out I would have to make a special trip to the grocery to load up on a few more bottles to feed my habit.
As I began to get more interested in nutrition and clean eating I came across an article that explained how fake sugars, although they have zero calories, can still have negative effects on the body. I was shocked! How could my precious sweet, guilt-free, soda be bad for me? Well, as it turns out, many fake sweeteners still trick the body into thinking it’s consuming sugar, and feed your sugar habit, making you crave more and more. And too much of anything is NEVER a good thing.
To kick my fake sugar habit I came up with several healthy alternatives and this Fruit Ice is my all time favorite. The subtle sweetness comes from 100% pure fruit ONLY! And it’s definitely more exciting than just plain water 🙂
If you love this Frozen Fruit Ice you’ll love these Frozen Fruit Mini Cakes:
Fruit Ice Cubes: Make Your Own Healthy Soda!
- 1 bag of frozen fruit of choice or multiple fruits if you'd like
- seltzer water
- ice cube tray
- Let the bag of frozen fruit thaw, or place the frozen fruit in the microwave for a few seconds to soften.
- Blend the fruit on high until it's a smooth puree. Add a touch of coconut water or water to blend if needed.
- Pour the puree into your ice cube tray and freeze for at latest 2 hours or until set.
- Place a few ice cubes into a glass and pour seltzer over top, then serve!