These Green Egg Avocado Stuffed Muffins make the perfect weekday on-the-go breakfast! They are healthy, packed with protein and nutrients, and so very yummy! And they are green, thanks to some nutritious veggies! Don’t worry you can’t taste the greens, but you can taste the yummy avocado surprise in the middle, along with the ooey gooey melty cheese! Easy, simple and delicious, these egg muffins will be your new favorite breakfast!
So I wanted to make something green today. St. Patrick’s Day is later this week and I just couldn’t think of the appropriate dish to celebrate. I thought about desserts with mint, Irish soda bread, cookies shaped like four leaf clovers, but nothing really stuck. When I set out to create something I have to be super excited about it, and these weren’t doing it for me. I was prepared to go through St. Patrick’s Day without any celebratory creations, that is until this morning when an awesome GREEN idea came over me….
Most mornings I have a fried egg and a side of sautéed greens, usually kale or spinach. This morning I set out to make my usual, then it dawned on me, why don’t I combine the two and make green eggs? And make them in a convenient muffin tin? And stuff them with avocado and cheese??
YES! This is it! Green. Festive. Very healthy. AND YUMMY!
And of course Cricket got out of bed to have a taste of what was cookin’. She got up from her dog bed (which is ON the couch lol), stretched all her legs in her usually morning routine and then scarfed down 3 of these! She approves and I’m sure you will too!
There is nothing better than avocado, eggs and cheese for a savory breakfast!
Here is a great article on The Health Benefits of Avocados.
Green Egg Avocado Stuffed Muffins
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- 3 tablespoons unflavored/unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/3-1/2 cup of kale or spinach or both
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of grass-fed butter ghee, or oil of choice to grease muffin tin
- 1/2 avocado cut into 1" cubes
- 1/4 cup of cheese of choice preferably organic grass-fed, for paleo omit cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a muffin tin with the butter or oil.
- Blend the eggs, milk, greens, salt and pepper in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Pour the green mixture into each muffin compartment. (fill compartments 3/4 full)
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Place an avocado cube into each half-baked egg muffin and place cheese on top.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes, then remove and let cool before using a knife to dislodge them from the tin.