These tasty melt-in-your-mouth cups are for all you Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup lovers out there. The super creamy almond butter pairs perfectly with the rich dark chocolate shell making a flavor explosion that will satisfy your deepest chocolate desires. Best of all they are GOOD for YOU! Dairy-free, paleo, gluten-free and grain free. They are super easy to make with just 4 simple ingredients!
I know it’s not October, not even close, but I often find myself thinking about Halloween. I think about what costume Cricket should wear, that of course has to be compatible with mine. Like Shaggy and Scooby Doo or Bo Peep and her one black (and white) sheep. (The later actually would be a throw back to my younger years circa 6 years old when I was Bo Peep and my younger sisters served as my “flock” of sheep.lol.) Cricket often looks like a baby lamb when she’s sleeping all curled up in a ball. 🙂
If you guys have any other ideas I’d love for you to share them, please! I only have, well let’s see 9 months! Lol. So besides the costumes, what’s the next best part of Halloween? Yes, I think I heard you say “Peanut Butter Cups?” Yes! You’re right. The biggest goal of Halloween, besides finding an epic costume of you and your dog, is to hoard as many peanut butter cups as possible… and then eat every single last one.
I discovered a fantastic way to make my own almond butter cups, which upstage peanut butter cups, really! They are super simple and easy to make and they are actually good for you! The almond butter is creamy, nutty and has a hint of maple. The dark chocolate blankets the gooey middle perfectly and melts in your mouth upon contact.
There is a simple hack to get these cup-shaped chocolates…. a mini cupcake tin. It makes the perfectly sized Maple Almond Butter Cups! They pop right out and then POP them right into your mouth. Swoon!
If you love these, which I am sure you will, try these Peppermint Crunch Cups….
These tasty melt-in-your-mouth cups are for all you Reese's Peanut Butter Cup lovers out there. The super creamy almond butter pairs perfectly with the rich dark chocolate shell making a flavor explosion that will satisfy your deepest chocolate desires. Best of all they are GOOD for YOU! Dairy-free, paleo, gluten-free and grain free. They are super easy to make with just 4 simple ingredients!
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil plus 1 teaspoon for greasing muffin tin
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Melt the chocolate chips plus 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Grease the mini muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Pour a teaspoon of melted chocolate into each compartment. Chill in the fridge or freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt the almond butter, maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Spoon a heaping teaspoon of almond butter mixture into each compartment.
- Spoon the remaining chocolate on top of the almond butter layer and chill in the fridge until set, about 1/2 hour in the fridge or 10-15 minutes in the freezer.
- Carefully pop the cups out of the tray using a fork or butter knife.