Valentine’s Day is rapidly approaching! I love to create unique treats for the holidays and Valentine’s Day is no exception. What do you give your valentine? I enjoy making things for my loved ones, and these chocolate covered strawberries are no exception. I didn’t want to make just any chocolate covered strawberries, I took it father….much farther! I cut them into heart shapes, stuffed them with Dandies Marshmallows (which are delicious as well as vegan and gluten-free!), put them onto wood skewers and arranged them in a ball jar to make an extraordinary and breathtakingly beautiful bouquet. AND you can eat it!!! It is truly DIY craft meets yummy delectable dessert!
And I didn’t stop there! I made a ooey gooey strawberry marshmallow fluff dipping sauce to accompany the berries. Can you say YUM!? This indulgent dessert may look, sound, and taste sinful, but it’s secretly healthy. No worries here. You don’t have to sacrifice taste or your healthy eating habits this year. And Valentine’s Day is NOT one of those holidays that you eat-to-you-pop. You know what I mean?? Haha.
Dandies Marshmallows are stuffed inside these chocolate covered berries, and you get to double-dip into some sticky, sweet and fluffy marshmallow sauce. I adore these marshmallows. I couldn’t stop eating them when I was shooting. They are all-natural, vegan and gluten-free and you can TASTE the difference. PURE. SOFT. FLUFFY PILLOWS OF JOY 🙂
All you gotta do is DIP IT:) YUMMY!
And if you need a hot bevy to wash these delicious berries down be sure to check out my Red Velvet Hot Chocolate!
**For a paleo compliant version omit sprinkles and use coconut shreds, and make your own paleo marshmallows, recipe HERE.
This beautiful bouquet of marshmallow chocolate covered strawberry hearts makes a unique and tasty gift for your Valentine!
- 1 box of strawberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand)
- 1 cup Dandies Mini Marshmallows
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut or sprinkles
- 6-8 wood skewers or wood chopsticks
- 1 ball jar filled with crushed ice
- Cut tops off of the strawberries in a V-shape to make the strawberry look like a heart. (set 3-4 strawberries aside for juicing.)
- If needed use a pairing knife to core the strawberry.
- Stuff the strawberry with 1-2 mini marshmallows. Repeat for the remaining strawberries.
- Melt the chocolate chips over low-medium heat in a small saucepan.
- Blend the coconut shreds or sprinkles in a high speed blender to make finer shreds or use sprinkles.
- Dip half of the stuffed strawberry in the melted chocolate, then into the coconut. Repeat for the remaining berries.
- Place 3 chocolate covered and stuffed berries onto every skewer.
- You can use the strawberry leaves at the bottom to make a flower.
- Place the skewers in the ball jar filled with ice. The ice will keep the skewers in place.
- When you are ready to eat the berries make the pink fluffy dip, do not make ahead.
- Melt the remaining marshmallows over low heat.
- Once melted add the strawberry juice (about 3 tablespoons) (or natural red food coloring diluted with water), and mix until smooth. Serve with the berry bouquet immediately, enjoy!