This flaky and buttery pie crust is the perfect compliment to your favorite pie. If you love traditional pie crust, this healthy and grain free version will surely satisfy you because it is just like the real deal! Best of all its super easy to make with only a handful of simple healthy ingredients! (Gluten free, grain free, paleo)It’s that time of year again- the holiday season is upon us! It seems to sneak up on me every year. Do you guys feel the same way?? One minute its a hot sweltering summer day in August, and with the blink of an eye (so it seems) we are on the cusp of Thanksgiving! I mean, where does the time go?
I actually got to start my holiday season extra early this year because my mom came in town this past week. Since I won’t be traveling back east this year for the holidays we decided to celebrate our turkey day a few weeks early! It was great to have her in town, and she helped me exhibit at my very first art fair! I am so excited to say my Moss Art was a big hit:) What do you guys think of it? (click here for my ETSY shop if you are interested in seeing more!)
So this week was pretty awesome with an early Thanksgiving feast and a successful art show! What more can a girl want?
With my mom’s help this year, I really perfected all my paleo/ grain free holiday recipes! This pie crust is no exception. My mom is truly a Super Mom. Did I mention she runs marathons and bakes the best pie crust ever!? Yep, that’s a fact! Well she was quite impressed with this one and I am so very happy to share it with you all today!
Perfect Paleo Pie Crust
- Combine dry ingredients in the food processor and mix.
Add the egg, mix for a few sections.
Add the cold butter, 1 tablespoon at a time until a dough forms, on a slow/medium speed.
- Scrape the dough out onto a piece of parchment paper.
- You can chill to for 1 hour in the fridge and roll it out with a rolling pin (work quickly because as it warms it gets soft), or you can forgo the chilling and press the dough into the pie plate using you fingers to make smooth pie crust about 1/6" thick.
- Use a fork to poke holes into the bottom pie crust.
- Bake as 350 degrees for 12 minutes (if it's going to be baked again) or 15-18 minutes for use with a no-bake recipe.