This perfect Pumpkin Pie with Sticky Pecans will stun you with its beauty and win you over with its taste! Its creamy sweet pumpkin filling pairs nicely with some fluffy coconut whip cream-yum! Your guests will never ever guess it’s gluten free, grain free, paleo, and healthy! Your holiday spread will not be complete without this one!
Pumpkin pie has always been my ALL TIME favorite pie. I know, there’s apple pie, pecan pie, cherry pie, strawberry- rhubarb pie, lemon meringue pie, chocolate cream pie….. am I missing any of your favorites? They are all good, I must admit. Each and every one has a special place in my heart (and stomach!), but the pumpkin pie is the winner.
There is something about the creaminess, the smooth texture, with earthy sweet pumpkin and spice flavor that really satisfies. Heck, it has a seasonal latte named after it that people go crazy for this time of year, so I know I am not the only one who is obsessed with pumpkin pie flavor!
I am usually so stuffed after a Thanksgiving feast that I can barely move and have to fight the urge to put on sweats just for the extra room in the elastic waistband. haha.
But, not matter how stuffed I am, I always make room for a slice of pumpkin pie. I make sure to drown in a several heaping scoops of coconut whipped cream, and then I dig in, and enjoy ever last bite of pumpkin perfection.
This pumpkin pie is extra special because it is the BEST pumpkin pie, not just as good as a traditional one, but I would say, in fact, better! The sticky pecans makes for an sweet and crunchy topping to add in yet another flavor and texture dimension to an already fabulous pie.
It’s a must try, so you got to make it this year. You and your holiday guest will not be disappointed:)
Click here for the PERFECT PALEO PIE CRUST recipe!
Pumpkin Pie with Sticky Pecans
- 1 Perfect Paleo Pie Crust
- 1 15oz. can pumpkin
- 3 pasture-raised eggs
- 2/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cane sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, whole (sticky pecans)
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter (or ghee)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the pumpkin, eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a food processor (or use hand blender). Mix to combine unit smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin pie mixture into the pie crust.
Place the pie in the oven for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If your crust is browning too fast cover it with foil.
- Meanwhile combine the butter and coconut sugar in a saucepan over low heat.
- Using a rubber spatula mix the butter and sugar vigorously until the sugar melts and a thick syrup forms.
Add the pecans and stir to coat.
- Place the sticky pecans on parchment to cool, and make sure they are separate from on another so they don't stick to each other.
- Once the the pie in finished baking remove and let it cool for at least 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Top your pie with pecans and set it in the fridge to cool, until you are ready to serve.