Creamy and bubbling hot spinach artichoke dip is a very popular appetizer! Have you ever looked up the nutrition facts? Ugh! Its terrifying! I just can’t comprehend how they can pack so many calories and so many grams of fat into a “serving size” that fits onto one, maybe two, chips (if you’re a serious over-dipper, like me!). It’s crazy!!
So I thought a Skinny Spinach KALE Artichoke Dip was in order to save us all from the shame of indulging in the heavy and unhealthy version.
This dip is easy and quick to make. Its a great go-to appetizer for when you have last minute guests coming over to watch the game!
There is no mayo. I swapped it out for low-fat, protein dense greek yogurt. I also use fresh baby spinach and kale to pump up the nutrients, so you can munch away happily knowing you’re getting a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals (K,A, and C to be exact along with iron, calcium, magnesium and potassium). Ok- can you repeat ALL of those to me?(Click HERE to see my Spinach vs Kale duke out post.) I also minimized the cheese, but it’s still VERY cheesy!
Try it- you won’t be disappointed!
SKINNY Spinach & KALE Artichoke Dip
- ½ cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup of plain greek yogurt recommend Fage
- 2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 1/3 cup of mozzarella
- 1/3 cup parmesan a kind that melts, not the granular kind, I have also used mozzarella and cheddar combo- also good!
- 1 can of artichokes 14 oz, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cups baby spinach chopped
- 2/3 cup baby kale chopped
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic powder, sriracha, salt and pepper, and stir until garlic browns slightly.
- Add cream cheese, reduce heat to medium if it seem too hot, and mix until melted.
- Add greek yogurt, spinach and artichokes, and mix.
- Finally add in the mozzarella and parmesan.
- Return to burner and stir over medium-low heat for a few minutes until bubbling.
- If the dip is too thick for your liking you may add milk (unflavored almond milk/skim milk ect.) until desired consistency is reached.