This richly indulgent S’mores Galette is stuffed with ooey gooey melted dark chocolate and fluffy toasted marshmallows! It is so simple to make, but so extravagant. It is sure to wow your dinner guests. They will never guess it’s gluten free, grain free, and paleo!
Come on, you can’t look at this picture and tell me you do want it, right!? There is some special magic in a picture of melted dark chocolate that makes my heart start racing, and my mouth salivate. I just ate a piece of this S’mores Galette, and now that I am writing this post and looking at these pictures I am certainly ready for another heaping slice!
The golden toasted marshmallows have that wonderful crispy crust, and the graham crust is the perfect compliment to the molten marshmallow chocolate center! This beautiful galette only took me 15 minutes to prepare, a quick chill, then off in the oven it went.
So unbelievably divine!
Cricket has been spending so much of her time in the kitchen lately, and today was no exception. She stared at me longingly with those big brown soulful eyes and followed me with her gaze as I bounced around the kitchen from the pantry to the oven. I so badly wanted to share my exceptional creation with her, but she’s a dog and can’t do chocolate, so that means more for me and none for her. Sorry Cricket!
But she hung around anyway. You know, just in case something takes a spill onto the floor then it’s fair game!
Really she is in the kitchen when I am cooking and when even I am not! I think she is expecting that I will return at any minute to start my next creation, and she may be wishing it is going to be a doggie dish for her. Yes, it’s true, I haven’t created any doggie dishes lately for the blog. Sorry Cricket (and my other doggie fans!). I will soon, I promise!
So getting back to that S’mores Galette. I know you haven’t stopped dreaming about it! Do not be intimidated by its fanciness, because it’s actually very easy to make. The dough comes together in 5 minutes, and is quite a breeze if you use your food processor. It should look something like this:
Next, wrap it up in parchment and set it in the freezer for 15 minutes. This greatly speeds up the chilling process which, in the refrigerator, can take hours!
Roll the dough out between two sheet of parchment paper, then fill it with the chocolate and marshmallows, fold up the sides and pop it in the oven. You are almost there!
When it’s ready the marshmallows and crisp should be a rich golden brown.
Let it cool for 10 minutes then serve it up and ENJOY!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour tapioca should work in place of arrowroot if needed
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Himalayan or sea salt
- 6 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 egg cold
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips Enjoy Life brand
- 1 cup marshmallows Dandies brand or paleo marshmallow recipe HERE
- Optional Egg Wash: 1 egg yolk plus slapping of water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the almond flour, arrowroot flour, coconut sugar, salt and cinnamon to the food processor and mix on a low setting to combine.
- Add the butter 1 tablespoon at a time on a low setting, then add the egg.
- Once dough is formed, remove it from the food processor and place it on a piece of parchment paper. Flatten the dough down to about 1/2" thick and cover with another piece of parchment paper on top and place it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes remove the dough from the freezer. Use a rolling pin to roll it out keeping the parchment paper not the top and bottom, until its about 1/4" thick.
- Remove the top parchment and place the dough with the bottom piece of parchment on a cookie sheet or cast iron skillet.
- Fill the crust with the chocolate chips and marshmallows then fold up the sides to hold the filling in.
- Place on a lower rack in the oven for about 30 minutes, then move to a higher rack for 5-10 minutes to get a nice golden color on the marshmallows and crust.
- Remove and let cool for 10 minutes, then Enjoy!