This creamy and spicy dip is so flavorful and pairs perfectly with tortilla chips, fresh veggies, and crackers. Not only does it taste amazing, but it is healthy, vegan, dairy free and gluten free!
I love dips! There is something so fun and rewarding about dipping your favorite dip receptacles into a giant bowl of something really devine! Some of my favorite dips include spinach artichoke (recipe HERE-skinny version!), crab, creamy corn, cheesy salsa and bean, 7-layer, and I better stop there because I could go on! What’s your favorite?
I am also a double dipper at home, as I believe that the veggie sticks and chips are basically utensils to deliver the most amount of dip possible 🙂 Don’t worry I do not double dip at parties or anywhere I am sharing it with other, but in my own home, and when I am sharing with my hubby, double dipping is fair game and I take full advantage!
This thick, creamy, and satisfying dip actually doesn’t contain any dairy products, and is vegan and gluten free, and it tastes sinfully delicious! It is super easy and quick to make as well!
Spicy and Creamy Sonora Dip- gluten free, vegan and healthy!
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons of chilis in adobo
- optional for extra cheesy flavor: 2-3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Blend (on fastest speed) the cashews and canned diced tomatoes (and juice/ do not drain) until smooth and creamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until evenly mixed.
- Serve with veggies, chips or crackers.