These sticky garlic noodles taste just like the An’s Famous Garlic Noodles and can be made in under 15 minutes! And my version is gluten free! One word of caution- they are so very addictive! I strongly advise you use chopsticks to eat these tasty noodles so you don’t inhale them too quickly (as I did ;))! I just couldn’t get enough!
On a recent date night my hubby took me to a swanky Japanese joint that had an amazing menu! Some of the mouth watering options included crispy lobster dumplings and kimchi fried rice- but one menu option stood out from the rest- AN’s Famous Garlic Noodles. It was in BOLD and set aside from the other options. This really got my mind moving- just garlic noodles? Sounds soooo simple, too simple! How good could it actually be???? My curiosity got the better of me and I went ahead and ordered it!
The minimalistic white bowl arrived at the table with a fancy pair of black chopsticks. I peered into the depths of the deep white bowl and sized up the golden colored noodles. They were arranged in a perfect swirled pattern. Rising steam brought the scent of soy and garlic. I started salivating and jumped right it! They were heavenly. Divine. Perfect. And in 5 minutes they were gone!
So ever since then I’ve been dreaming of making my very own.
So back to the sticky garlicky noodles! The simple sauce is what makes this dish.
The flavors come together beautifully and have the perfect balance of
Garlicky-Salty-Buttery-Subtle Sweetness! YUM!!
This recipe can be adapted to pretty much any diet restriction as well!
Gluten-Free: Quinoa Noodles or Brown Rice Noodles
Vegan– use a vegan butter substitute
Paleo– Sub noodles for Zoodles (zucchini noodles) and replace butter with ghee. You can order the Spiralizer (to make Zoodles) HERE.
Meat Eaters– Add chicken, pork or beef 😉
I’ve got EVERYONE covered, right!?
Now for what you have been waiting for……Here is my secret recipe:
Looking for ANOTHER AMAZING NOODLE RECIPE??? Try my RIDICULOUSLY ADDICTIVE Peanut Noodles too:
LOVE Noodles(or zoodles!)!? Get my ASIAN NOODLE BOWLS E-COOKBOOK complete with follow-along videos for every recipe!
Crazy Good Sticky Garlic Noodles, An's Famous Garlic Noodles Copycat. Gluten Free, Paleo and Vegan recipe options too!
- 8 oz of gluten-free noodles (brown rice, quinoa noodles, zucchini noodles, etc)
- 3 tablespoons butter (or ghee, or vegan butter spread)
- 1/2 cup(plus a few extra tablespoons for garnish) green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons of tamari (or soy sauce)
- Optional: 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Boil the noodles according to directions until al dente, drain, and set aside (add some butter so they don't stick together after draining).
- Meanwhile in a saucepan over medium-high heat melt the butter.
- Add the green onions and garlic and stir for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the sugar and stir vigorously until it is completely dissolved.
- Add tamari (or soy sauce), and mix in thoroughly.
- Toss the noodles with the sauce, plate and garnish with fresh green onions.