Smashed Asian Cucumber Salad
This fresh and tangy salad looks great and tastes amazing!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 3 1/2 cups/ 4-6 servings
- 6 mini english cucumbers makes about 3 ½ cups of smashed cukes
- ¼ cup red pepper diced
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon + Himalayan or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- better flavor if it marinates
Place your cucumbers on a cutting board.
Place a cast iron skillet (or any heavy flat object) on top of each cucumber and apply pressure with your hand until it cracks and flattens.
Next use a knife to cut the smashed cucumbers into 1" segments and throw them into a bowl.
Add the red pepper and red onion into the bowl and mix.
Blend the sesame oil, vinegar and maple syrup in a small blender (like the magic bullet).
our the dressing over the salad, then add the salt, pepper and sesame seeds and give it all a good stir.
The salad tastes best if you let the cakes marinate for an hour, but also can be eaten straight away.