This richly indulgent S'mores Galette is stuffed with ooey gooey melted dark chocolate and fluffy toasted marshmallows! It is so simple to make, but so extravagant. It is sure to wow your dinner guests. They will never guess it's gluten free, grain free, and paleo!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour tapioca should work in place of arrowroot if needed
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Himalayan or sea salt
- 6 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 egg cold
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips Enjoy Life brand
- 1 cup marshmallows Dandies brand or paleo marshmallow recipe HERE
- Optional Egg Wash: 1 egg yolk plus slapping of water
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Add the almond flour, arrowroot flour, coconut sugar, salt and cinnamon to the food processor and mix on a low setting to combine.
Add the butter 1 tablespoon at a time on a low setting, then add the egg.
Once dough is formed, remove it from the food processor and place it on a piece of parchment paper. Flatten the dough down to about 1/2" thick and cover with another piece of parchment paper on top and place it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes remove the dough from the freezer. Use a rolling pin to roll it out keeping the parchment paper not the top and bottom, until its about 1/4" thick.
Remove the top parchment and place the dough with the bottom piece of parchment on a cookie sheet or cast iron skillet.
Fill the crust with the chocolate chips and marshmallows then fold up the sides to hold the filling in.
Place on a lower rack in the oven for about 30 minutes, then move to a higher rack for 5-10 minutes to get a nice golden color on the marshmallows and crust.
Remove and let cool for 10 minutes, then Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving (1 g)
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.